How to Write a Blog
This page offers advice on how to write a blog to share your interests and experience online. At the bottom, you'll find links to more pages with creative writing ideas as well as tips on writing for money.
What's a blog
Q: Cross a journal with a website, and what do you get?
- A divorce
- A blog
- A thriving e-business
- Potentially all of the above.
A blog is a website in a journal format. You write in it as often as you want, and your entries, or "posts," typically appear in reverse chronological order, marked with the time and date that you wrote them.
You can use your blog to write about your daily life, your hobbies, your travels, what you're reading, your thoughts and opinions. You can also use it to publish your stories and poems. Like a journal, a blog can be about anything you want it to be. But unlike a journal, which you can keep private, a blog is published online, which means that you can't control who reads it. When you decide what to write about in your blog, you should always keep this in mind.
How to keep a blog
Anyone who can use the Internet can keep a blog. It does not have to cost money or require special technical skills. You can find an easy, free blogging tool at Blogger.com.
Why keep a blog
- Share with your family and friends. Your blog can be a way to keep the people you know up to date on your activities. Just remember that outsiders can visit too, and don't include private information.
- Share with the world. Your blog turns you into a published writer. What topics are you passionate about? Books, politics, movies, tennis, pets, poetry? Write a blog to share your interests and knowledge, and meet like-minded readers, who will respond through comments or your blog's contact form. For advice on attracting more visitors to your blog, visit Tomaz Mencinger's website, Freedom Ideas - Home Based Business Ideas.
- Make money from blogging. It is not easy to earn money by blogging, but with time and hard work, some people manage to turn blogging into a full time business. You can find realistic advice on making money online on Freedom Ideas.
- Promote an existing business. Your blog can be a powerful marketing tool, allowing your customers to get to know you better.
How to Write a Blog - Next steps
Choose one of the links below<< BACK from How to Write a Blog to Creative Writing Now Home